Sojourn Academy is a bilingual, international Christian school part of the Spanish Language Institute. It uses a Christ-centered, ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and MEP (Costa Rica Public Ministry of Education) curriculum from kindergarten through twelfth grade, along with a Costa Rican preschool program for children aged 3 ½ to 5.
Current enrollment is approximately 160 students. With many missionary children whose parents are enrolled in a one-year program of language study at the Spanish Language Institute. The other half are children of Costa Rican parents, missionaries and other ex-patriots who live permanently in Costa Rica.
Sojourn Academy has a Christian and missionary ethos, as reflected in its values, curriculum, faculty, celebrations, affiliations, community outreach and classroom instruction. Bible study, prayer, devotionals and chapel sessions are an integral part of the weekly schedule.
Out of respect for our host country and the national families that attend the school, Sojourn students honor the Costa Rican flag and celebrate Costa Rican holidays. In accordance with Costa Rican custom, the school also holds graduation ceremonies for kindergarten and sixth grade, eleventh grade, as well as twelfth grade.
The academic program is designed to prepare students for admission into colleges and universities in the United States and aims to fulfill curriculum standards established by the ACSI & MEP.
Who we are as a school:
- We are part of The Spanish Language Institute as we attend t the needs of missionary children.
- We are a Christian School (Administration, teachers and parents try to make decisions according to the Word of God)
- We are a private school approved by MEP
- We are a school affiliated with ASCI
- We are a bilingual school (Spanish and American English)
- Culturally we identify with Costa Rica
Partial List of Universities Attended by Sojourn Academy Graduates
- Cedarville University
- Central State University
- Covenant College & U.
- East Tennessee State U.
- Emory and Henry College
- George Fox University
- Indiana University
- LeTourneau University
- Lee University
- Minnesota State University
- Purdue U. at Indianapolis
- Seattle University
- Seton Hall University
- St. Johns River College
- University of S. Carolina
- Universidad de Costa Rica
- Universidad Veritas de Costa Rica
- Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica
If you want more information please enter here: Sojourn Academy